A flexible and highly extensible engine for creating interactive fiction.
- Context-based rule-matching system for immersive and responsive stories
- Extremely flexible and extensible, see the sample stories below for examples!
- Total separation of logic, presentation, and content
- Data-driven and declarative
- Designed to work with the Entity Component System pattern
- Possible to integrate with other tools including visual editors and other game frameworks
Stories told on the Elm Narrative Engine are about exploration. You must visit locations, talk with characters, and interact with items to push the story forward.
Get started by modifying the fully featured story starter template.
Follow along on the developement blog, or subscribe to always hear about the latest new features.